Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Hmmm.....Why Not be a Parakeet?

We've been having fun as a family with our new birds. David has been pouring over his parakeet "owner's manual" and we've learned some interesting things about these very common, inexpensive birds.

Along with what we've read, I've had some interesting thoughts myself. Well, they were interesting enough to me.

Yeah, so there's some beautiful and exotic birds out there. The high-pricey kinds with high maintenance attached to them. I can appreciate their beauty, but I don't really want to get all wrapped up in that type of bird.

A little like people, isn't it?

Parakeets come in some beautiful colors, and they're friendly birds. They actually LIKE people and enjoy being hand tamed. They appreciate treats, enjoy their baths and sing along with music that we play. Basically, they are what they are and enjoy their life to its full capacity.

Hmmmm....a little bit like people, isn't it?

Puts a little bit of glamour back in my parakeet life.

I'll take that just fine.

No comments: