Monday, March 24, 2008

Today has been a total waste of a day.
Sometimes it's good to have a wasted day, though. I just have to turn my brain off sometimes. Okay, no comments about that last sentence!

Today was an eat-a-whole-bag-of-gummy-bears day while reading a book from the "Bathroom Readers Institute". Hey, it was educational.

I put supper in the crockpot this morning, so nothing to worry about there. Jeff and I are going to the bakery to get a little yummy for my birthday. I don't really want stuff; besides, I just spent some $$ at Coldwater Creek and I can't add to the spending guilt! LOL Jeff picked out a gorgeously cute jacket top for me. He's actually fun to clothes shop with...good eye.

I can't believe I actually did this: I bought a pair of shoes just because they were cute!! I NEVER do this with shoes. But I couldn't pass them up. They're black lace, 2.5" heels, very small, slightly fluffed lace lining the top and a small black bow. I have nick-named them "the shoes of death".

As everyone who knows anything knows: if your shoes don't hurt, they don't look good. I used to wear pumps/heels all the time growing up, but now I mostly wear flats. So, my eyes were saying, "CUTE!", my toes were saying, "OI!", and my brain was saying, "WHAAA...???"

If I die tomorrow, I want to be buried wearing those shoes.

2 comments:

C. Marie Byars said...

Cute. I, however, am limited in shoe choices because I've had 2 bunion surgeries. (Blame poor bone structure combined with ill-fitting Army boots in basic training. Didn't even get to wreck my feet with cute shoes!)

inkytrails said...

Hmmmm... you NAME your SHOES? Ha!
I'll have to start watching your feet when you are singing!

Too funny! Wendy