Monday, December 19, 2005

Selling Downtown with Michele

Another funny incident was downtown Chicago. Usually, we girls took our candy in those white plastic bags. Today, though, a few of us were just going to carry the case. I had it all loaded up just like I wanted it: two rows of the turtles (HOT seller!), 1.5 rows of peanut butter cups, and .5 row of mints (NOT seller). **At this point in my post, anyone who grew up with me and/or helped me thru math class should be pleasantly surprised at my correct use of fractions.**I don't remember the other girls who were walking down the street with me--except one: Michele Edwards.
Why would I remember Michele?
Imagine downtown Chicago. Think of the backed-up traffic at every light. Think of the horns that start honking BEFORE the light turns green. Think of those cab drivers. Think of the bike messengers with a death wish. Think of the swarms of people waiting to cross the street. Okay.....got it?Just as I took a few steps out into the intersection to cross the street and beat the light, Michele comes behind me and shoves my case out from under my arm.
It was a turtle/peanut butter cup/mint patty fiasco all over the intersection AS THE LIGHT TURNED GREEN. Horns were honking everywhere, people were tripping over me and my candy, cabbies were cursing, and I was frantically grabbing boxes and screaming, "MICHELE, YOU IDIOT!!". As I looked up for a split-second, all I saw were teenage girls sprinting away laughing their heads off. I recall being pretty steamed about that for the afternoon. Now, though, it is kind of funny--mostly because I wasn't run over or crushed. Hey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh, Bonnie is blogger!!! WOO HOO, now I know where to come for my daily dose of laughter!!! Love the stories!! Ya had me cracking up...as usual!!! Love ya!!